184 Napier Street, South Melbourne, 3205
Tel: 61-3-9699 8844
>> Email Enquiry <<
Micronica SOHOmate WiP-400 Wireless Router, Internet Sharer and
All in ONE!
This Product Supports
Click here for
ADSL Modems, Cable Modems and Dialup PSTN Modems
AND has a BUILT IN Printserver
And YES! It Works With Telstra ADSL System !!!
And YES! It works with Telstra Cable System!!!(under test)
And YES! It works with Optus Cable System !!!
And YES! It even works with Dialup PSTN System!
How do you know its GREAT ? Here are some
independent WiP400 testimonials.
* Australian Personal Computer Magazine
- "indoors it never dropped below 11Mbit/s, and was accessible from a park
30m across the road, which is fairly good in our book."
- "when we connected the Micronica to a PPPoE DHCP Telstra BigPond cable
account the unit worked as advertised."
- "Simply connect the printer to the unit, install some drivers on your PC,
and you're printing."
- "...the Micronica unit would be perfect for use on a home LAN or small
- "A four-port switch and firewall/router with an added print server - this is perfect for the SOHO user who has expandability in mind."
- "Its expandability, rugged construction and versatility make it a worthy
contender for your hard-earned dollars."
It works great. Easy to set up and the distance on the router to a machine
is great also. We've got it set up from one side of the office to the next
which is about 20 metres...excellent.
T.H. - Telstra.
Product: Micronica WiP-400
Micronica SOHOmate WiP-400 is a Router/Sharing device with BUILT
IN Wireless Access Point for Broadband ADSL, Cable and Dial up
Modems. It includes a combined 4 port
10/100 dual-speed switch hub and printer sharer and Wireless Access Point.
Mercury WiP-400 has not just one but two WAN ports to support
both a Broadband ADSL or Cable modem and also another WAN port to support a standard PSTN modem
for locations where broadband internet access is not available. Mercury WiP-400 works with all popular Broadband service including
Optus and Telstra ADSL service. This latest model has been specially
designed to also work with your Telstra Cable Modem right NOW ! We have developed
special firmware written for the Australian market to handle your Telstra Cable
Modem and ADSL as well as your Optus Cable Modem. Without the need to run a
special login client on your computer. It has been tested by Telstra and meets the
tricky "heartbeat" signal negotiation requirement which other similar
products can not do, making the Micronica WiP-400 Australia's first
fully Telstra Cable Modem compatible Wireless Internet Sharer
that actually WORKS as a "stand alone" unit with your Telstra Cable Modem. And makes it even more
versatile as it allows you to use it in any location that has
either ADSL or Cable Modem or even PSTN internet access. The built in 4 Port
10/100 switch hub also allows not only internet
sharing but also file sharing between connected computers. Making it an excellent long term
investment. The Micronica WiP-400 lets you enter your username and
password and then keeps the connection alive 24x7 without needing to keep
your computers on. Or set the timeout to disconnet automatically if you
prefer. All up Micronica WiP-400 provides the ideal all-in-one networking solution to surf the Internet and share
the office printer resources. Its efficiency boosting features will increase effectiveness and save cost in any working environment. It includes the following functions:
- IP Sharer/Router: It connects multiple users (253 max.) to Internet by sharing one
existing Broadband ADSL, Cable Modem or PSTN Modem and one ISP connection account.
- Wireless Access Point: Built in. With dual antennas. Configurable using the built in
Web User Menu. Simple.
- Print Server: Provides network printing function. Built in print
server with parallel printer port allows all LAN users to share a printer.
- Firewall: Acts as Network Address Translation (NAT) firewall to protect your network from unauthorised
access attempts. All unwanted packets from outside intruders are blocked to protect your Intranet. HiP-400 even logs details of unauthorised attempts and their
- Auto-sensing Ethernet Switch Hub: Built in 4-port auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet switch
- Auto Connect: You don't need any computer switched on to keep
your link up. Disconnection timeout is configurable.
- VPN supported: IPSec passthrough supported. Supports MULTIPLE PPTP sessions and allows you to set up VPN server and VPN
- DHCP Server: Networked computers can obtain dynamic TCP/IP settings automatically from
WiP-400. Including IP Address and Name Server. Fixed IP addresses are also
supported and can be assigned.
- User Definable Application Sensing Tunnel: Suports special applications requiring multiple connections, like Internet Gaming, Video Conferencing, Internet Telephony and so
- DMZ Host Support: Lets networked computer be selectively exposed to the internet.
Such as an Intranet WWW or FTP server.
- Easy Configuration: Specially designed for non-technical user. Graphical User Interface (GUI) using a web browser. No cryptic commands.
- Cross Platform: Apple Mac OS, Linux, Unix, Windows 95/98 and Windows NT/2000
|RJ-45 x 1 (10Mbps, IEEE 802.3 10BaseT)
|Built in. Includes dual antennas.
|RJ-45 x 4 (10/100Mbps Dual-Speed Switch
IEEE 802.3/802.3u 10BaseT/100BaseTX)
|RJ-45 x 1 (10/100Mbps Dual-Speed Switch
IEEE 802.3/802.3u 10BaseT/100BaseTX)
|1 Parallel Centronics female DB25
|Serial RS232C x 1 (230.4Kbps, male DB9)
|IP Sharer/NAT Router Ethernet Interface
|Static or Dynamic
|PPP over Ethernet
|IP Sharer/NAT Router Serial Interface
|Supports ISDN TA
|11, 5.5, 2 and 1 Mbps per channel. Auto Fallback
|2.4-2.4835 GHz, Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum
|100-300m outdoors, 35-100m indoors
|Dual Antenna Diversity System. 2dB gain
|Most European Countries:13, USA and Canada:11, Japan:14
|64-bit or 128-bit WEP Encryption
|Win95/98/NT, Unix LPR
|Configuration and Management
|Web Browser, FTP or Windows Application
|Built-in NAT firewall using stateful packet inspection technology
|5 oC ~ 55 oC
|10% ~ 90%
Useful Information and Help
The REALLY Quick Setup Hints Sheet
FAQ and other REALLY Useful Hints
Complete Quick Installation Manual
Complete User Manual
Download and Support
Firmware - Please read the FAQ Note: Only for our customers in
Australia who purchased from Micronica. Otherwise $90+gst firmware fee applies. We recommend to return product to us for firmware upgrades to
ensure they are done properly. Cost:$50+gst+delivery. Firmware problems caused by user upgrades are not covered by warranty
and service fee $90+gst applies.
Software - WiP-400 Print Server for Win 9x
Software - WiP-400 Print Server for Win NT and
Need more ports ? No problem ! Connect WiP-400 to your existing Switch/Hub
or get our 16 Port Micronica SOHOmate High Speed 10/100 N-Way Switch Hub HiS-16
$338+gst=$372 inc gst or Rack Mountable version $390+gst=$429 inc gst..
Where can you buy one ? It's quick and easy !
You can visit one of our resellers in your area (not all resellers support
all products) or order directly from MICRONICA if you like:
Micronica On Line Order
Dealers In Your
[ On Line Ordering
| MICRONICA Main Page
| Product Catalog ]
- Worldwide Distributor -
184 Napier Street, South Melbourne, 3205 Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Tel: (03) 96998844
>> Email Enquiry <<